A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
Lead Your Followers Into the Future!
Crest is the only literal god game, where you write commandments to interact with your followers. But since they have a free will, they won't always listen to you. Build your own religion and guide your people towards survival!
About This Game
Welcome to Crest, an indirect god sim where you take care of humans as if they were your own children. But your only way to interact with them is by issuing commandments written in a pictographic language.
How these commandments are interpreted and remembered is not set in stone. What you communicate and what experiences your followers have with the environment is the basis for their religion. Over time, commandments can develop different associations and completely change their meaning. After all, your followers still have a free will and will sometimes do what they think is best for them, regardless of what you had in mind.
Consequences of your actions may not always be clear and you will need to be aware of the ever-changing environment and your people's disposition, amongst others their disposition towards you. Expressing yourself is the key of Crest; you will do so through your people and the world they shape.
- Explore the high-concept of religion by building your own
- Interact with the world by issuing commandments using a pictographic language
- Progress by unlocking new words, adding more and more complexity to your commandments
- Observe how your followers evolve as a result of your decisions
- Micromanage a world where weather, vegetation, mineral deposits, drought and animal behavior will create surprises
- Express yourself in a game without end-goal nor winning condition, allowing you to purely focus building your legacy
Early Access - Modules
We've decided to use a "module" system where we will keep expanding on the game with self-contained modules. Purchasing the current version ensures you all future updates for the game. Our plan is to release the game in Q1 2018!
- Community Module: 28th November 2017
See more details about the Community Module here.
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $10.99 USD. Your purchase comes with a Steam key. You will get access to the following files: